On daily basis thousands of people do misplace their mobile phone, or might even get robbed. Good luck if you are using an android device, Do you know that with just your Google account you can easily track the exact location of your stollen device and even lock it if you wish to? No software or tracking tool needed, just your Google account. Follow the steps below.
Steps to track the actual location of android device:
1) Open your system browser and log on to play.google.com/store
2) Once it opens, Click on the “Gear icon” which is on top right side of the webpage and click on “Android Device Manager“.
3) After which, you will be asked to enter your Google account (if you are not logged in). Note that the Google account details you will enter must be the same with that of the stollen android phone.
4) Once your login is successful, you can now view the current location of your android device
5) After locating your device, you can choose “lock“, “erase data” or “ring” your device.
Note: This feature may not work if your Google account data had already been wiped from your phone.
Yes, it is really that easy, Google is incredibly amazing, why not since they own “Google Map” thay can easily integrate some android codes at the backend which cause this to happen.